Diksha is a digital infrastructure for teachers, students, and parents that provides access to e-learning resources and digital textbooks. It is an initiative of the Ministry of Education, Government of India, to provide an integrated platform for all stakeholders in the Indian education system.
Diksha e-Learning Platform
Diksha portal offers various features and services such as access to e-books, lesson plans, interactive videos, and quizzes for students. It also provides tools and resources for teachers to create and publish their own content, collaborate with peers, and track their students’ progress.
In addition to these services, the Diksha portal also offers online training and professional development courses for teachers, as well as a platform for parents to access educational resources and monitor their children’s progress.
Overall, the Diksha portal is a comprehensive digital platform that aims to enhance the quality of education in India by providing access to high-quality digital resources and fostering collaboration and innovation among educators.
What is DIKSHA e-learning Platform?
DIKSHA is a digital e-learning platform developed by the Indian government’s Ministry of Education. The platform was launched in 2017 to provide access to high-quality educational resources to students and teachers across India.
DIKSHA offers a wide range of learning materials such as textbooks, videos, audios, and interactive quizzes, covering subjects from primary to secondary levels. The platform is available in multiple languages and is accessible on desktop and mobile devices.
DIKSHA is designed to support various education initiatives such as the Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan, the Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan, and the National Skills Qualifications Framework. The platform is aimed at creating a more interactive and engaging learning experience for students and teachers, and to promote digital literacy across the country.
Diksha Portal Registration
To register on the Diksha portal, follow these steps:
- Go to the Diksha portal website (https://diksha.gov.in/) on your web browser.
- Click on the “Register” button located at the top right corner of the page.
- Select your role as “Teacher,” “Student,” or “Parent” from the drop-down menu.
- Fill in the required information in the registration form, including your name, mobile number, email address, state, district, and block.
- Create a username and password for your account.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and click on the “Submit” button.
Once you have submitted your registration form, you will receive an OTP (One-Time Password) on your registered mobile number or email address. Enter the OTP on the Diksha portal to complete your registration process.
After completing the registration process, you can log in to the Diksha portal using your username and password and access the various resources and features available on the platform.
Free e-Learning platforms developed by the Government of India
The Government of India has developed several e-learning platforms to provide free education and skills training to citizens. Here are some of the popular ones:
- SWAYAM: SWAYAM (Study Webs of Active Learning for Young Aspiring Minds) is a program initiated by the Ministry of Education, Government of India. It offers free online courses and is designed to achieve the three cardinal principles of Education Policy: access, equity, and quality. Courses are available for students from high school to postgraduate level.
- National Digital Library of India (NDLI): NDLI is an online platform that provides access to a vast collection of digital resources in the form of books, articles, thesis, audio lectures, and other educational materials in various languages. The NDLI platform has been developed by the Ministry of Education, Government of India.
- ePathshala: ePathshala is an initiative of the Ministry of Education, Government of India. It is a web portal and mobile application that provides access to textbooks and other educational resources for students from primary to senior secondary levels.
- National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL): NPTEL is a joint initiative of the Ministry of Education, Government of India, and the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institute of Science (IISc). It provides free online courses in engineering, science, and humanities to students and working professionals.
- National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC): NSDC is a public-private partnership initiative under the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India. It offers free online courses and certification programs in various sectors such as healthcare, hospitality, banking, and financial services, among others.
These e-learning platforms are available free of cost to all learners, and their content is developed by subject matter experts from reputed educational institutions and industry experts.
Diksha e-Learning Platform, What is DIKSHA e-learning Platform?, Diksha Portal Registration, Free e-Learning platforms developed by the Government of India.